Dr. Schwartz is an Attending Radiologist within the Division of Neuroradiology and an Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Pennsylvania. She received her Medical Degree from the Medical College of Virginia and completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at the University of Maryland Medical System and a Neuroradiology Fellowship at the University of California. She holds dual board certification in Diagnostic Radiology and Neuroradiology.
Dr. Schwartz is a member of the American Society of Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology, American College of Radiology, American Society of Functional Neuroradiology, American Society of Neuroradiology, American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology, American Society of Spine Radiology, International Society for the Advancement of Clinical Magnetoencephalography, Radiological Society of North America, and Society for Pediatric Radiology. She is a reviewer for Neurographics, Journal of Neuroimaging, Pediatric Radiology, Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, RadioGraphics, Neuroradiology, and American Journal of Neuroradiology. She is on the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Neuroradiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Applied Radiology, and is a member of AJNR’s Editor-in-Chief Selection Committee.
- Gaetz W, Kessler SK, Roberts TPL, Berman JI, Levy TJ, Hsia M, Humpl D, Schwartz ES, Amaral S, Chang B, Levin LS (2017 Dec 6). Massive Cortical Reorganization is Reversible Following Bilateral Transplants of the Hand: Evidence from the First Successful Bilateral Pediatric Hand Transplant Patient. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, 5(1): 92-97. Doi: 10.1002/acn3.501. Electronically published: 2018 Jan. PMID: 29376095.
- Gaade J, Schwartz E (2018). Update on Focal Cortical Dysplasia and the Imaging of Epilepsy. Journal of Pediatric Neurology, 16: 72-77. Doi: 10.1055/s-0037-1604215. Electronically published: 2017 Jul 20.
- Simpao AF, Obsekov V, Gálvez JA, Isserman RS, Rehman MA, Schwartz ES (2018 Dec). A Retrospective Study of the Impact of Supraglottic Airway Devices on the Appearance of Neck Masses in Children Undergoing Serial Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Paediatric Anaesthia, 28(12): 1123-1128. Doi: 10.1111/pan.13510. Electronically published: 2018 Oct 9. PMID: 30298970.
- Yousem DM, Zoarski GH, Mark AS, Schwartz ES (2018 Dec). Perspectives on Neuroradiology Medical Expert Testimony: Fact and Fiction. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 39(12): 2177-2181. Doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A5779. Electronically published: 2018 Oct 25. PMID: 30361432.
- Wong AM, Liu HL, Tsai ML, Schwartz ES, Yeh CH, Wang HS, Wu TW, Lin CY (2019 Jun). Arterial Spin-Labeling Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Brain Maturation in Early Childhood: Mathematical Model Fitting To Assess Age-Dependent Change of Cerebral Blood Flow. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 59: 114-120. Doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2019.03.016. PMID: 30905764.
Research Focus: Neuroradiology
- Pediatric Epilepsy Program
- Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment
- Leukodystrophy Center
- Neonatal Neurocritical Care Program